Seemed best to lump them all together.
Because since the beginning of February there have been four (now five as of yesterday!) dog food recalls notified to subscribed owners. Although I have copied and pasted product pictures if any of these products are relevant to you then please do follow the link to the Dog Food Recall page offering more details!
On the 9th February this was released:
Smokehouse Pet Products of Sun Valley, CA, is recalling a specific lot of its “Beefy Munchies” dog treats due to potential contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
If you go to this link you can see pictures of the product package and other details.
Then on the same day another notification was issued:
Raws for Paws of Minneapolis, MN, is recalling specific lots of its raw frozen dog food due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
Once again, a link was offered that provided full information.
A day later, on the 10th February, out came the third alert:
Redbarn Pet Products LLC of Long Beach, CA, is recalling a specific lot of its “Redbarn Naturals Bully Sticks” due to potential contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
Including the link to more details.
The last alert was received on the 12th February.
Darwin’s Natural Pet Products of Tukwila, WA, is recalling specific lots of its Darwin’s ZooLogics raw frozen dog food due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
With the link to more details provided as per usual.
Wonder if there will be more alerts before the month is out! (Written on the afternoon of the 14th.)
The following came in yesterday afternoon:
J. M. Smucker has announced it is voluntarily withdrawing multiple dog food brands due to the presence of the drug pentobarbital.
To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
Please share the news of this alert with other pet owners.
That link contains the following brand image:
and this table:
Please share this information as best you can. Only by acting together can we prevent every single dog from eating something potentially harmful.