This was sent to me back on the 22nd December.
December 21, 2017 — Primal Pet Foods of Fairfield, California, is voluntarily recalling specific lots of 5 of its freeze-dried poultry products because their grind size exceeds the ideal size of ground bone to be fed to dogs and cats.
Affected products include Primal Canine and Feline Freeze-Dried Poultry Formulas.
Click here for a more readable copy of the following list of recalled products.
Primal has posted the following comments about this recall on its website:
- This is a Primal production specification issue – it poses absolutely no risk to human health.
- We have very precise requirements as to how our foods are to be produced so they preform optimally.
- We require our meat and bones be ground down to a coarseness of 1/8″
- Over a single production run, the wrong grind plate was used and the product was ground at 1/4″ coarseness, which is a 1/8″ variance to our specifications.
- We became aware that food produced over a single production run did not meet our precise specifications and may not preform optimally, particularly for small dogs and cats.
- We are not comfortable having product in the market that doesn’t meet our precise specifications and deliver optimal experience to the consumer and pet.
- This decision is entirely voluntary and the FDA is not involved at all.
What to Do?
The company asks that affected products be returned to the Primal retailer from where they were originally purchased for full credit.
Those unable to return the product directly to the retailer are invited to contact Primal Customer Service at 866-566-4652 extension 2 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.
Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
Get Dog Food Recall Alerts by Email
Hope this helps!