Courtesy of Bob Derham from back across the ‘pond’.
Sure you will love these just as much as Jean and I did!
APHORISM: A SHORT, POINTED SENTENCE EXPRESSING A WISE OR CLEVER OBSERVATION, OR A GENERAL TRUTH.
- The nicest thing about the future is … that it always starts tomorrow.
- Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
- If you don’t have a sense of humor, you probably don’t have any sense at all.
- Seat-belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
- A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you’re in deep water.
- How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
- Business conventions are important … because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.
- Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
- Scratch a cat …. and you’ll have a permanent job.
- No one has more driving ambition than the teenage boy who wants to buy a car.
- There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.
- There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 a.m. – like, it could be the right number.
- No one ever says “It’s only a game” when their team is winning.
- I’ve reached the age where ‘happy hour’ is a nap.
- Be careful about reading the fine print … there’s no way you’re going to like it.
- The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
- Do you realize that, in about 40 years, we’ll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos – and rap music will be the Golden Oldies!
- Money can’t buy happiness – but somehow it’s more comfortable to cry in a Rolls Royce than in an old banger.
- After 60, if you don’t wake up aching in every joint, you’re probably dead..
- Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind …. and the ones that mind don’t matter.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow … but it’s still a gift.
and REMEMBER …”POLITICIANS AND NAPPIES SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON.”
Have a wonderful week-end!